Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cooking....Carrot Protein bars..

Did some baking yesterday again, yes another shocker it wasn't from a box either!

I have to admit it was still pretty easy , it is just more work making sure you have all the ingredients, well since I Dont typically cook that is usually my stopping point becuase I don't have them and GEEZE oh PEET buying spices and what not is NOT CHEAP! Luckily we did get a awesome spice and cooking "what not" rack from the wedding that until recent has been a but little decor on my countertops but I have been pleasently suprised to find most these random ingredients in it for the recipes I have been finding!


I made Carrot Protein bars that I got off the bodybuilding website from the famous Jamie Eason. Thiriza had made some pumpkin ones the other day that were AMAZING so I decided to try the carrot. I have to say I think I will go for the pumpkin next time but these are still pretty good.

Josh said if we added Vanilla Creme frosting to them they would be over the top... but since I made protein bars and not CAKE , not gonna happen!


Here is the recipe



Carrot Protein BARS



Calories: 94Fats: 1.25 gramsCarbs: 10 gramsProtein: 10 grams

Ingredients: 1 cup oat flour 2 scoops vanilla whey protein, 2 tsp cinnamon ,1/2 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt , 1/8 tsp allspice, 1/8 tsp nutmeg ,4 egg whites ,3/4 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal

8 oz baby food carrots, 4 oz water Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.Pour ingredients into dish.Bake 20-30 minutes.

Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving

No comments: